The Most User-Friendly Linux Distro Has a New Version
Linux Mint, the one Distro that Linux-users usually recommend to non-Linux users looking to make the transition from Windows, has a new version out, named ‘Sarah’.
Some Early Details about the Release:
– It will be based on the upcoming Ubuntu 16.04 ‘Xenial Xerus‘
– This latest update comes with full support until 2021.
– A new touchpad configuaration.
– The ‘Update Manager’ has gotten an update.
– Steam, Spotify and Dropbox have been added to the Software Manager and are now easier to install.
Click here to read a full run-down of new features.
While this is an exciting new update, we should make clear that this is a ‘beta’. So if you’re a brand-new Windows user looking to switch to Linux, you should opt for the latest stable release of Linux Mint instead of downloading this Beta.